What fun we had road tripping to Connecticut for the wedding of the year! We made pretty good time until just past NYC and then CRAWLED the rest of the way. We were all exhausted by the time of arrival but it worked out ok. Mark and Kelly were not far behind us and crashed on our floor. Great start to their wedding weekend sleeping on the floor but I suppose it was better than the car, right?
Friday after we arrived was spent eating breakfast and then hanging around the hotel. Some of the boys went golfing and the rest of us headed to Mystic for some lunch and tourist fun. It was a gorgeous sunny day...loved being near the water! Went back to hotel for a nap which was great except Lee misunderstood when I wanted to be awake so when I did wake up we had like 10 minutes to get ready....not cool when you wanted to get fancied up for the rehearsal dinner. Blah. It turned out fine even though I felt rushed. The evening was beautiful in the backyard of Kelly's relatives...sooooo connecticut with the trees lush all around. I loved it all....oh and the food! wow...amazing. We all went out to a bar afterwards to just hang and even Meghan and Nestor came a long. This was my first meeting with Nes and it was a great one too. We had fun getting to know each other better and teasing Meghan :)
Late night, early wedding morning.....up at the crack for hair and make up. I wanted it to be more relaxed but duh, it's a wedding, aren't they always rushed? Anyhow, luckily it all went off without a hitch so that was great. everyone's hair was awesome, especially Kelly's. The salon really did a nice job.
The wedding, reception, aftermath...what fun. The wedding was simple and short in length but just great. Humor, emotion, passion...just like the two of them. I managed not to cry although I felt the tears welling up. It was pretty awesome. Then off to the reception...booze including 40 oz. of beers, great food, conversation, and dancing. Another great part of the weekend. After we all headed down to the same bar as the night before but the air was tired and we all quickly left.....Kelly drove us all home with a stop at BK. Hysterical. Then we ate the fried food in fancy hotel lobby in all our fancy clothes before passing out upstairs :) Lee and I came up to our hotel room and heard the people next door having sex VERY loudly...hysterical. They went on forever and were really loud....cracked us both up.
Sunday was just gathering, breakfast, and then taking off for home. We got quite lost trying to take a quicker way home. oh well. It did allow us to have dinner with the newlyweds in PA. All and all such happy wonderful memories. So glad we were part of it and although the kids would have enjoyed parts of it I am sooo happy we were kidless :) I was able to be relaxed and they had a blast with my parents back in Cleveland.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment