Thursday, August 23, 2012
School Back in session
The first two days are under our belts and I feel like I want to keel over from exhaustion. I know it is just the new flow of stuff but man I already miss the slower pace of a busy summer. It is busy in summer and the fun typically keeps happening but our time still feels more our own.
Griffin has a nice teacher this year. She seems kind and patient but also has a firm approach which he needs. He has several classmates that he knows which always helps-seeing a familiar face. I think he is going to have a really great year.
Paisley has now started pre-k at the same school and after one day she says it is great. Her teacher knows Uncle John and AUnt Bonnie and told her she looks like a norris. She took that as a compliment :)
Briar is chilling as she fast approaches 6 months. She is working on rolling and tri poding still. She has definitely mastered grabbing things and can now pinch. OUCH! Her favorite things to grab are paisley's hair, moms neck, and dad's nose. Griffin usually escapes without injury. He's fast, that one.
I have really been missing Mazzy the past few weeks. I think it could be the change of seasons or even the start of school. I always find this time to be a renewal for me, a time of reflection, and that certainly was a part of this past year. I vaccuumed the other day and could smell a hint of her "perfume" which made me teary. So silly really but man that mutt was a crazy dog we loved.
Just trying to plod along in this world. I feel often life is shooting at me in all directions. I guess most of us do at times. I think those are the moments I need to step back, say no more often, and just breathe. It usually works to calm my body. That an occasional glass of wine.
Off to pack lunch for Griffin. Oh the joy of the school year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Just wanted to thank you for introducing yourself on my blog! I hope the upcoming school year goes well for you and lunch packing gets easier. ;)
Post a Comment