Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I got some gas..

in my new van! haha. gotcha, didn't I? I know we signed up for this van and I love it, I really do but it pained me very much to fill the tank this a.m. for $58!!!!!! YIKES! It must have a large tank since it was almost 18 gallons of gas but seriously that is insane. Of course I haven't filled the tank since I bought the van which was April 21st. It is May 6th so that is over 2 weeks...guess that is good.

I have often wondered if my son's incessant t.v. watching is good or bad. I think about this almost daily. Recently he has self-regulated so it hasn't bothered me quite as much. This morning I was reminded of why not only t.v. but specifically Dora the Explorer isn't so bad....We were driving along and we play this game where we "catch daddy" in the car. He is always in front of us and we drive along behind him until he goes straight and we turn. Anyhow, Griffin shouts out, "Catch daddy. He's going over the train tracks. He's going up the Hill. He's going to work." This is common in Dora, list three things to your destination. Anyhow, this continued as we 1)dropped Paisley off at "the big house" (aka her daycare) 2)went to the gas station (which was NOT the donut store as Griffin kept reminding me but is near the donut store) and 3)drop Griffin off at Elaban's (as he said, "Drop Me next? my turn?")

He's such a doll.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He certainly is wonderful, adorable and smart! Did he "do Dora" in his cute high voice? I love that

Allison said...

yes, he always does that end on a high note inflection...so funny. I need a tape recorder

Anonymous said...

take the silver camera in the car and record him with that

The Stewart's said...

love it.