Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

why?

So, I need to take my own advice and my husband so kindly reminded me of it this a.m. "You can't change what has happened, only how you respond to it." It's great advice and I really should listen but man, I'm pissed at myself.

I gave Paisley a plate of bananas this a.m. to occupy her while I dried my hair. My hair is freaking a horse's mane so it takes forever to dry. I heard her squawking but I wasn't finished....the next thing I heard was the plate dropping. Griffin confirmed before I got downstairs that it was broken. :( Our new plates too. I was really really hoping for once to keep this set of plates more than a year or two....we paid a good deal for them. I LOVE them and they are sturdy. Ugh. So, I'm not sure why I'm so pissed at myself...for giving her the plate? for having hugely thick hair? for having a kid who is so impatient she throws plates on the floor? for not having a clean kid's plate to give her instead? ugh.


have I mentioned.....ugh.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

((hugs)) I'm sorry. :-(

Anonymous said...

UGH!

The Stewart's said...

{{HUGS}} Sorry to hear that. And we were just talking about your great new plates.

Anonymous said...

I hope I didn't jinx you. Dad and I were out shopping Thursday and saw some very pretty white dishes- Martha Stewart Line- and I said "I like the dishes Alli and Lee have, but I thought they were going to go with the plain white like these. OOPS and SORRY if I did.