Paisley and I got off to a rough start this a.m. I am pretty sure we got a glimpse of what 14 y.o. Daughter and mom will be like together. It was ugly. I lost my temper. She threw a fit but man oh man the worst was the stubborn factor. This girl is stubborn. I have wondered all day what I can learn for the further from this. How will it translate later? And really will it? Will I remember these moments down the road and if so, will they help or hinder me in coping?
Any who, she came to work with me and was nothing but totally pleasant. Bizarro world. It was a great day but wo, this a.m.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Lordy. I feel your pain. My oldest is like that. She's got the attitude of a 14 year old already, and we butt heads on a daily basis. Ugh. Hang in there.
We can learn a lot from the way kids are able to roll...just leave the unpleasantness behind and be perfectly happy! Why not?
No doubt she will be the most affected by the upcoming shift in the family dynamic. Griffin is already the eldest, and you are already parents, obviously! But Paisley's role is changing, and she will adapt and change because of it. Another great thing about kids: just when you get used to one phase, another comes along to take its place! I personally don't think it gets easier as they get older...the problems just become different....
Thanks for the insight Meredith. It helps to hear!
You were very headstrong as a young child. As you matured, you were much more agreeable and in this way Paisley reminds me of you.
Post a Comment