Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dad in town

My dad came to see me for my birthday! I think he really came to see the kids :) Of course he is happy to see me too though. We cleaned the house this morning in preparation for his arrival. Then we went to pick him up from the airport. We were looking toward this one door but then dad came from the other direction. I saw him first in the rearview mirror. I told the kids and then Griffin spotted him from behind one of the pillars. He yells out "he was playing hide n seek with us." Lol. He cracks me up! They were both so excited to see him and yelled out "Papa. Papa. It's your daddy mommy." haha.

Paisley was in love. She was sitting with papa, snuggling with papa, showing off for papa. Then later she was pretending to be a puppy dog. My dad pulled the "puppy" up into his lap and she tried to lick him! ha. now that is love.

Griffin was psyched to have him here too. We were just hanging out and then he was very concerned he was leaving for good because he went to see Gudrun. That is the hard part...Griffin now gets that he has to leave so he gets nervous about it from the beginning of his stay :( I guess that is just reality but it makes me a little sad for all of us.

My mom is not here this trip . She is off visiting my sister in NYC and then off to a family bridal shower. I am excited for her! Hope they all have fun too. At least they are having nicer weather up there than here...snow again. YIKES!

1 comment:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

What a sweet story. That makes me smile - especially the puppy part.