Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ill again?

Here we are on another day off and spending it at home because Griffin said he was sick. Then he seemingly forced himself to throw up to prove that he was sick. When I told him we could no longer go to playgroup he got a bit upset. Then he was fine and annoying and generally acting not sick even in the slightest. We ate some breakfast...toast for him with some juice. i told him if that settled he could eat more. It did so after an hour I let him have some smoothie and pancakes. yeah, that did not stay down. So, is he sick? Is he not? He also had some diarrhea. But he is NOT acting sick. He is acting decidedly well actually, no fever, no cold, no anything. But he is needy and anxious and cries over weird things like I raised my voice. Is this illness or anxiety? Ugh. I hate this but yet another day spent wondering.

4 comments:

The Cribkeeper said...

Oh my....I totally feel you on this one. Last Saturday night, Carly threw up all night, then once Sunday morning, but seemed to be better that night (playing, dancing, screaming, etc.) Monday we went to the grocery and she seemed fine all day. Not much appetite, but this is nothing new for her. Tuesday came, and tears and fits were thrown about going to school. I decided to keep her home. She played and ate all day, and was just a little more tired than usual. Wednesday came, and despite tears, she was sent to school because I thought she was fine. A little runny poo the day before, but nothing terrible, and still tired. When I picked her up, her teacher said she was quiet and didn't seem to feel well. She was pale and tired all day, but eating well. She just said she was very tired and took a nap in the afternoon, then seemed better. Today I kept her home from school, and she seemed fine all day. A little tired off and on, but playing, eating, etc. Now after supper, she says her tummy hurts again and she is not well yet. She has no fever, no throwing up since Sunday, a little runny nose, but it's not yellow or anything....allergies, maybe? I have no clue. But like you, I am sick of being cooped up in this house on lovely days, and have many things to catch up on tomorrow since I've been stuck here with a "sick" child. When I asked her at bedtime if she thought she's be well tomorrow, she just looked at me and wouldn't answer, which of course means no. ARRRGGG. I just don't know what's wrong with her and it's driving me crazy with worry!!!!

mom said...

Alli and Ashley-
I think there is a virus going around that acts this way. OK one minute, tummy feels bad the next, worn out and tired. I had it (when in Lakewood remember) and dad has not felt good since last Thursday- is he on his back in bed? no, but he waxes and wans with it and has been low energy. Hear similar stories. Maybe just give them some loving and hugs and it will soon pass.

Allison said...

well, we are now deep in the throws of vomitting and diarrhea. it stinks and my poor boy is quite pathetic.

The Cribkeeper said...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Allison. I feel your pain. Took me 3 days to catch up on laundry. Tonight was no better. Gas and feeling sick and sleeping on the couch all evening and lots of crying....maybe next week will be better for us????