This story talks about periods so if you don't want to read about that then stop reading.
I was raised in a family with two girls, my mom, and my dad. My father was always pretty understanding of us being girls and all that entails....I am sure he felt he didn't always do a great job and sometimes he did not but overall he was pretty sympathetic to cramps, bleeding, hormones, emotions, etc. I then married a man who is also quite sympathetic and considering he was raised with all boys and only his mom as the girlie I think he is very nice to me when I am emotional and feeling awful. My 5 y.o. boy? Yeah, not so much. He can make me feel like the most worthless, vial lepar when I am bleeding. The other morning was not unlike many and he barged in when I was going to the bathroom. I happened to be changing my tampon as well. He exclaimed "oh gross. gross, gross, gross" and ran out. Obviously I am an adult so I did not cry or yell or even both to address him on this topic but it hurt my feelings.
I asked Lee about it and how he thought he was taught to be so kind and gentle with women as well as understanding. He said that in part it was from his father's action but also by reading science books and the like. I asked if he would address this with Griffin as I did not think I could get into his brain. Griffin was treating me like he was superior, what with his penis and non-bleeding. lol.
Lee never said he spoke to Griffin but the next day while Griffin was taking a bath I told him I had to run downstairs to grab something. I got to the bottom of the stairs and he yelled "mom."
me: "what. I will be right back."
G: "no, wait. I need to tell you something."
me: "what?"
G (yelling): "I'm sorry about the blood. I'm sorry about the blood."
me: "thanks for the apology. it's ok. you just hurt my feelings."
G: "thanks. you hurt my feelings too."
haha. good lord this kid. maybe this was funnier in person but man, I crack up laughing about him and his macho attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Ah, kids....it's funny how they can hurt your feelings, more so than adults sometimes. If a grown person says something thoughtless to me, I just think they're an ass and move on. But Carly can really burn me, man....I have lots of vericose and spider veins on my legs from having the girls. I'm pretty self conscience about them, but try not to think about them most of the time. Carly, the other day, told me that my legs looked all bruised and bumpy, like zombie legs. Ouch. She was just making an observation, but still....it was like 100 degrees that day, and I wore pants. I tried to tell her not to say things like that to people, as it hurts their feelings. I just wonder if she understood what I was talking about....
aw ashley, that is rough. yeah, I am amazed how sensitive they can make me. Also makes me feel pretty guilty about some things I said/did to my own mother when I was much younger...yikes!
I am Laughing so hard I am crying...just imagining this little guy saying that to you, Allison. Oh, and I don't even remember any of the stuff you said to me...except for the slurping coffee! heeheh
Yeah, I said some pretty mean stuff to my mom now that I think about it. One story in particular she still talks about. What goes around comes around, I guess:)
Post a Comment