Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School teaches us all lessons

So, this week is spare change week at Griffin's school. They (the school) sent home a paper that said they were collecting spare change from us (the parents and kid) for a FUNdraiser for Fun things at school. The letter said they would accept checks, cash, and coins (only rolled pennies).

So yesterday I went to the coinstar and cashed in our spare change. It amounted to $48.63.

Today Lee sent Griffin with said monies to school. Later today Lee got a phone call from them.

Them: "this is not an emergency but Griffin showed up here with a lot of money...."
Lee: "yeah for the spare change fundraiser."
THem: "oh so you meant to send that much? Oh THANK YOU!"
Lee: "Yes. We have a spare change jar and so does Griffin. Since he donated his, we decided to donate ours as well."

Griffin (after school): "We are in 1st PLACE!"
Lee: "by a little or a lot?"
Griffin: "by a WHOLE lot"

can you say SUCKERS? haha. why would they not be more specific in their request. I seriously had no clue....He better get the damn pizza party now. haha.

5 comments:

mom said...

I am RAFLMAO

2 things:

watch out or Grif may get a reputation of having RICH parents!

They call because you sent too much money but no call when Lee wasn't there to pick him up and let him walk home with kids???!!

Allison said...

they did not know he was missing that day or I am sure they would have been all over it ;)

don't worry, they are overly protective of him now.

mom said...

So glad griffin is making a name for himself during the first month of school! I hope he wins the pizza party for the class.

Allison said...

I have no clue what to believe from him anymore. not that he lies persay but half the stuff starts out sounding normal and ends not so normal BUT today he told me that his teacher's aid told all the lunch ladies that "here was the kid that made them 1st place". hee hee. I still feel utterly dumb. ha.

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

love this story. I am really enjoying reading them lately.