Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Back to the grind....

I'm back from a great trip to St. Louis. As usual it was too short although I think my body was ready to go home. We did practically nothing and yet I exhausted myself. I think that's why they say to limit travel while pregnant :) At any rate it was wonderful seeing the family, including Gma and Meg, spend some time with Thomas and Suzi, catch up with Camilla and Lisa, meet Tori's baby Londyn :), and attend Kari's wedding! Go Kari and Doug!!

So now I'm back at home and back at work. By my estimations I have the rest of this week and 10 more for sure to get some solid work in. I have a LOT to do in that time but it's doable if I put my mind to it. I need to start making a list!

Lee and I met with the JWCL website task force (officially sounding, eh?) last night and got some great headway on that project. I'm excited to get it going and they all were very supportive of my ideas, lee's input, and added their own. I think we are actually going to do this. I feel soooo excited since this is my first major contribution to the group. It makes me happy to give!

G man was a bit of a terror last night, literally during the night. It gave me visions, nightmares, of what is to come once little babe arrives. I heard him awake around 12 midnight, then I either just fell back asleep or he did because I didn't hear him again until around 1:30. Then he just kept crying and crying and saying, "momma". Then of course a train came and he was yelling "train train" out his window. That's when I knew we were done for as far as sleeping was concerned. ha. I went to him thinking maybe I could just calm him down, snuggle on the couch and get him back to bed but he wouldn't calm down. He just kept crying and demanded the light on, then was screaming, "dadda dadda" When I asked if he wanted dadda he screamed more, "nooooooo". I finally got Lee since I wasn't sure what else to do. He did finally calm down, had a snack, took some ibuprofin but he decidedly did NOT want to go back to sleep (even though he had dark circles and was yawning). Everytime we would suggest he go to sleep he would lie down on the couch and snuggle in like he was going to sleep there. We just took him to bed with us finally. I really thought that was going to work too but then he just popped up, said, "t.v.", and tried to crawl off the bed. Lee took him to his crib and he was out in 15 minutes. None of us were really up that long but it's the disruption that I can't handle. I wouldn't even care if he slept with us but he won't sleep, he just wiggles around and hits us in the face. Oh well....I'm not as tired as I predicted but I'm not exactly perky.

Oh, and today was the 2nd haircut (pictures to come later). He's a handsome boy. He did really well with daycare drop off-he has been having troubles since last week so this was a nice change. She has been using her 6 passenger stroller as promised and they all seem to LOVE it :)

gotta go work, 10 weeks is ticking away.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great diary entry.Thanks!