Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 03, 2007

Some happy thoughts....

since my last two posts have been about me and pain I figured I should attempt to focus on something else, like my wonderful son, Griffin. :) The pain is still there and still really bad but let's talk about the boy.

He's been really crabby lately but still his funny exploring self. I am loving this age honestly...I think Lee might disagree but ??? Anyhow, he is really attempting to use more words and randomly naming things (the correct names) that he sees around. It's kind of funny....like he's showing off. Some examples, "keys", puts key in the car, "turn", opens trunk, "stroller", points at stroller, "ride". Then up in the sky a plane comes by, "plane", I asked him if it was a jet? "Jet" said all manly followed by jet noises. freaking hilarious.

He is also thoroughly enjoying baths these days but only one he is actually IN them. It's a struggle to get him in so we have been bribing him a bit with BUBBLES. he freaking loves them!

The oddest thing he's doing lately is waking every morning and says, "no baby" or "I'm not a baby" or "the baby".....at least this is what we think he's saying. He "might" be talking about his baby doll in his crib or he might be talking about his blankie or ??? we just aren't sure but of course it's hard not to read into it in regards to the new baby. Hmmm...guess we'll have to wait more until he gets better at English.

The next two weeks he is not in daycare (she is on vacation unpaid). It should be interesting to say the least. I have a lot planned for us together and he will also be watched some by friends/family so I can work a little. We are heading to Buffalo next weekend and then my friend Jessica comes for a few days and then the Sweeneys arrive the weekend after. It should be fun albeit crazy!

later

1 comment:

The Cribkeeper said...

So funny! We keep waiting for Carly to talk. She says a few words, but gets mixed up when you put them in sentences. Like Bye-bye daddy is "babbadee." Little people are so interesting!