I've been busy with G man the past few days. A good busy but busy enough not to be on line much. Tuesday we had a lazy morning followed by a lazy afternoon. That kid slept soooo much that day. It was very surreal. Don't worry though he was back to his typical behavior yesterday :) Up at 7:15 and a 2 hour nap with a waking in the middle. Thankfully he didn't fight me too much when I put him down around 7:30 p.m. last night. I just was beat and Lee was out at his illustrators meeting. Griffin received this adorable bubble make Curious George doll for his birthday and although cute and fun it really gives him troubles. He wants it all the time (it's a bath or outside toy only given the wet factor), gets mad that it doesn't work right, the arm broke on it and this makes him very upset (George, fix, George, fix). At any rate, he has a memory of it being in the bathroom so now if the door is open he just wigs out saying, "George George" over and over. Fun stuff!
Yesterday we had the Lakewood City Nurse over to our house for a Lead screening for G man. We should know the results in a week or so. I'm hoping there isn't anything significant....I really can't deal with crappy news right now. In the grand scheme that would be minor but my emotions are revving for instability this week. G was amazing for the lead test. He didn't fuss at all and the nurse kept saying "drip drip" as his blood went into the vial so of course he started saying "drip drip". Then I said, "you are such a good boy" and he said "good boy". ha. Completely unphased we headed out for a playdate at Mary and Natalee's house afterwards. It was HOT yesterday. I think we both got overheated. I know I did at least. The kids had a good time though overall so I was happy to have done it. Mary has a wonderful fenced back yard which was nice for preggo mommy as well :) We got home and both went for naps. I practically passed out, hence my thinking I had gotten overheated.
I felt pretty awful the rest of yesterday with a headache and achey body---yuck! I swear it really is always something. BTW, my hip is getting better. I wouldn't say it's back to "normal" but I am going up and down stairs with little to no pain the past few days. Oddly, the adjustments are making it feel worse on the day of and then much much better the next day. I really am gaining empathy for my patients :)
Anyhow, Lee was so nice to me last night-with some prodding and encouragement from me! lol. He got me some gatorade, water, and rubbed my feet. It was so nice to have someone take care of me.
Today I am working so G man is spending the morning with his Baba Aunt Sandy. Then I'll take him home for a nap. Lisa is coming over this afternoon to watch him for us. Thank goodness for good friends. Otherwise I would be SOL this week. Whew! I feel like this isn't making much sense-maybe my head is still in a daze from yesterday. It's hot again here today so I'm happy to just be in the AC all day. yes!
I guess it really is true what they say about 2nd children...they get no pictures and all hand me downs. Ha. This kid isn't even born yet and I can barely find time for a belly shot. It's been over two weeks since my last and I just need to do it. I was just not feeling well enough last night. I'll try to take one later today though. gotta document the belly.
One last thing on Griffin. He now says "O tay" for Ok. Very useful since he'll respond to questions either with "no" or "o tay" but the past few days he just says "O tay" to everything. For instance, me to him: Griffin please don't throw that off the stairs.
Griffin to me: Otay momma (then throws it off the stairs)
Me to him: Griffin Momma asked you not to do that. Do you want to go in time out?
Griffin: Otay. (runs away)
Me to him: Please don't do that again
Griffin: Otay. (throws something else off the stairs)
Funny kid, eh? lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment