Most people think I'm crazy for going back tomorrow. I am sure that I am but it has to be done. I've realized after having Paisley that I might not ever be emotionally ready to go back. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE what I do but I think for the first time I see the appeal of being at home. Now granted I don't think that would be easy either but I do think I might enjoy it. Anyhow, I am hoping to achieve a great balance of the two over the next year and keep it that way for some time. Be with my patients and be with my kids! I'm psyched about the prospect.
Paisley is 3 weeks old today! Wow. She had a really rough day yesterday. Still not sure what was the cause but she just wouldn't sleep much and her belly seemed to be bothering her. All she wanted to do was eat all day long. But she never seemed satisfied. Around 9 p.m. we gave her a EBM bottle and she ate that and FINALLY passed out. She slept well though the rest of the night so I guess that's a good thing. 3 hour chunks of sleep which was great. She continues to be a good baby but man, I was at my wit's end yesterday. Grrrrr.
Well, off to shower and to nursing group. Psyched to go again because I'm feeling a bit down about going back to work, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Well, I wouldn't call what you've been doing the last three weeks "being a slug"! You will be happy to see your pts this week and they will be even more happy to see you! Keep things balanced...that is a good plan.Do you need to borrow my "Martha Stewart doesn't live here" plaque?
I think P was all excited about my bday yesterday - hence she wasn't her old self (as if we can use the word "old") Just take one moment at a time. I'm sure you'll find your balance. (and yes in some ways you're crazy but that's the way we love you)
Post a Comment