Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in Review

Wow, what a different place my life was at this time last year. Christmas was so similar this year yet so different and I think captured the newness of life for me. First of all the addition of Paisley was new. We had one less boyfriend and one additional girlfriend. We had a different type of meat this year too-yummo! The gifts were still plentiful as were the drinks :) I did manage to stay off the train tracks this year though--haha.

At the beginning of this year I had many goals, some immediate, some for the year, and some for the future. I think I did a pretty good job at most of them. I made some pretty significant changes at the office and it is starting to shape up nicely. I ended the year with numbers I"m proud of for my 4th year, I LOVE my staff (thanks Lisa), and look forward to further building the biz in my 5th year.

Lee and I decided in December 2006 that we wanted to try for another kiddo. We did a cleanse in January so missed ovulation that month and then I was away for what I thought was ovulation time in February---two lines in March proved otherwise and this November Paisley was born! Nothing makes a year fly by faster and move slower than being pregnant in that year---haha! Some days I still cannot believe I have two kiddos and other days it seems completely normal having us a family of 4...needless to say she is fitting right in.

So, onto 2008. We have no plans for more kids this year. I do have some goals for the office which I know will be implemented. In conjunction with that I plan to be home with the kids more too. I'm so psyched about that decision and making it come to life. Personally I want to get my abdominal muscle in check and get back in shape. Lee has vowed to stick with me too. I look forward to the HOT pictures of xmas 2008! I think we will spend a lot of time as a family with a few trips to look forward to as well, particuarly one to St. Louis in June. We both turn 30 this year so I'm sure that will be exciting as well. Big year ahead and I'm looking forward to it with gusto. Maybe we'll even get bikes finally....

3 comments:

The Stewart's said...

sounds like a wonderful year in review and prosperous year to come. If you get those bike's maybe a trip down to Cuyahoga train/falls to bike and ride a train. One way you bike the other you take the train. We are planning on doing that this year.

Allison said...

oh, yeah, I've seen that. Not only do we need the bikes, though, a trailer too. You think a 6-7 month old can go in with a 3 year old and make it out alive? I hope so....

The Stewart's said...

By then I'm sure P can handle herself with G. There is also a seat your put on your handle bar's for the 6-7 month - I really like that - they use it all the time in The Netherlands, where 80% of the pop. bikes.