Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 07, 2007

My surreal world

So, this is by no means a complaint..it's wonderful but it's wigging me out. Today I left the house after getting myself and P all ready. She promptly fell asleep in her car seat. I stopped at the bank and for a chai. Then I headed to Target but along the way saw that Tamara was working with a patient of mine at her studio so I stopped there to say hello and show her the baby. P stayed asleep, then wanted to be out of her seat and be held, then she ate. We were there about an hour and then I put her back in her seat, she fell asleep and stayed asleep on the way to Lee's work. I took her inside to "meet people" at Advanstar, she woke so I took her out and held her a bit, then we went to lunch. She fell back asleep in carseat and stayed asleep until after we ate. I took her out, fed her, and she fell back asleep. She screamed for the brief ride back to the office to drop daddy. I figured she wanted to eat again but no, she just had a dirty diaper. I then headed to target with her in the sling...I fed her while in the sling walking around Target. She passed out in sling and I xmas shopped for 2 hours. I transferred her back to her car seat, she stayed asleep, and we came home. I fed her a little and she had a major poop...then awake and happy for a little bit. Then it was time to go get G so we got back in the car, she fell asleep and stayed that way while we went to the in-laws (G has been asking to go). She woke and baba held her, put her back in the car seat, she fell asleep and stayed there while I went to the bathroom and sat down for a bit.....

Ok, so do you see a theme? MY child SLEEPS in the car!!!! Anyone who was around when G was little will understand why this is sooooo weird to me, wonderful but weird. Griffin only SCREAMED in the car, no sleeping, EVER!

anyhow, that was my crazy busy but wonderful day. Now, where is she? Asleep in her swing :)

5 comments:

The Stewart's said...

let's hope it keeps up.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE A NORMAL CHILD!!!! Griffin is an exceptional child...in many ways and boy, he sure took exception to that backwards in the back seat riding in the car...a dumb rule that I suspect is a conspiracy....someone made all that up to make money somehow I'm sure, like the company that makes those dumb mirrors that don't stay in the window. (forgive me- I'm a little stressed by all this Christmas stuff!!!!!!!! )

The Stewart's said...

a dumb rule that I suspect is a conspiracy...

hahahahahaa

Meredith said...

Which reminds me...why does everyone think I'm paranoid??

Allison said...

who thinks you are paranoid? am I missing something? soooo confused.