Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day at the zoo...

Yesterday we joined Aunt Reemra (Tamara) at the zoo with her old friend, Jean, and Jean's 3 children. We were there from about 11-2:30 and had a grand time. I do continue to realize how difficult it is for me being with the kids in a group outing because it's so hard to meet the needs of the people we are with AND my children. yesterday was no exception to this but I think went fairly well considering. I would have liked to have seen more of the animals but G man seemed to enjoy himself regardless. It is also amazing to me how more uptight most people are with my child. I know him and know he knows limits, himself in space, etc. Sure, he's 3 y.o., but I tend to give him a LOT of freedom in public. Man, people kind of freak out about that....they are usually trying to corral him constantly. lol.

The kids were waaaay tired after the zoo but neither really napped (P for 45 min. and G just had some quiet time). All in all though another great day "at home" with them.

On other discussion, we are still struggling to get out the door on time. I guess I need to be better organized but really I need to make my husband a sleep study appointment to see if we can resolve any of his sleepiness.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

like mother like child...you were a challenge to keep track of as well! Griffin keeps you on your toes for sure- I didn't think he was too bad- when we went to Bot Gardens..oh..we had 4 adults watching over him! ha.
Yes...Lee needs t oeither go t obed earlier or check out that cpap.

Anonymous said...

I haven't taken Griff anywhere alone but I know when I am in a public place with the twins (3 months younger than G) I babysit for I hover over them WAAAAAY more then their mommy does. I don't really think of it as being uptight though--I think of it as being terrified to lose someone else's kid...

Allison said...

true, kelly, I agree. but I was there too....I think they thought I was being a bad parent and/or oblivious to him. They were just trying to help but it made me laugh.

don't lose people's kids...that would be bad! lol.

Anonymous said...

i lost my own kid once...no, twice. NOT FUN!!!! one -Alli one-Meg..that was enough for me!

The Stewart's said...

losing kid's - very scary - btdt - with nat last month. dh doesn't know it.