It was a long weekend but we actually got several things accomplished so it was a nice one.
Friday night Lee went to a geek tournament...no really he went to play magic the gathering but I like to tease him. Dad was in town so once he finished up over at the condo he helped me with the kiddos. The evening actually went quite well.
While I was putting G to bed that night he told me he missed me and didn't want me to work. I told him that I worked so I could buy him things like food, clothes, toys, etc. He said, "oh, yeah." Then he said, "they were mean to me." I asked him who and he said, "Jo-Nas (the kid at daycare), he hit me. I said ouch." I asked him why Jonas hit him. "because I hit Jo-Nas." lol. Well, kid, if you are going to rat yourself out I'm not going to be too empathetic. haha.
Saturday I worked, then went for my haircut. Lee stayed with the kids and since my dad took G for donuts (their little tradition) Lee was able to get Paisley down for a nap. A nap which lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes!!! Go lee!! Then Grandpa David picked G up and took him for the afternoon of zoo and fun times. Julie watched Paisley while Lee and I went for a late lunch, to Costco, and Trader Joe's. It was glorious getting out without the children and not feeling rushed.
Yesterday we went to the AP Cleveland Picnic at the Stewart's house. It was a blast. I realized how relaxed I was there which means a lot. In part because I feel a bond forming with the Stewarts that makes me quite happy but also because I feel such a true connection with this group, I don't feel judged, and I really like them so talking to them is easy :) It was a lovely afternoon and almost avoided the rain. Afterwards we all took naps although I don't think G actually slept. We are all still tired from the busy weekend but hopefully they can sleep in a bit tomorrow a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Busy weekend! Kids say the darndest things! When it's your turn for the picnic you should consider the Edgewater Towers
Post a Comment