I'm a little behind on life. Like 2 days at this point :) I think I'm just still recovering from the trip home from St. Louis although maybe i"m more behind because I still haven't posted about our vacation either ????
We had a wonderful day on Tuesday to celebrate G's bday. He woke in a great mood and I think new it was his day :) We ran a few errands and then met Natalee, Momma Mary, and Aunt Reemra (Tamara) at the pancake house. G was pretty well behaved considering his age and found great joy in using the bathroom many many times. He's a fool in love with his bathrooms. I guess just like his mother used to be. Then we walked up to Target teaching the kids a lesson in black top (street) vs. white top (sidewalk). Trying to make progress in that arena so I don't fear walking near cars with him.
After that the rain seemed to have stopped we drove to the Nature Center in the metroparks and explored the center and outside paths. Griffin and Nat had a blast. I'm not sure what they enjoyed the best in the center but the animals, big tree house, and fake turtle shell were high on the list. Then we went down a path outside. They explored the skater bugs, frogs in hiding, and enjoyed picking up sticks from the path and throwing them back into the water. Then the rain came :) We got soaked and I think Griffin ultimately had the BEST birthday a little boy could ask for ;) He was soaking wet walking through mud puddles and his mother was laughing.
After drying a bit it was off for home where we all napped. Dad arrived home from work with a present (the geotrax grand central station) and pizza for dinner. Then Auntie Lisa showed up with a cake---volcano cake with real smoke (dry ice)!!! We were all impressed!
more later....kids are calling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment