Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Being Selfish

Bedtime is just never very much fun. I wax and wane in my head about whether to force it or just wait until they drop like flies. lol. Neither is great so most times I try to strike a balance, hitting their tired point right before peak making them not crash but very ready for sleeping. Tonight I just wanted to watch the basketball game. I just did not want to put them to bed. I totally skirted my responsibility as a parent and then I paid for it big time. The tears, the not sleeping. Oh lordy. I just need to buck up and do it....stop being a selfish twit and put my kids to bed. Geez. I just really wanted to watch the game. lol.

2 comments:

The Cribkeeper said...

All of us are "selfish twits" sometimes. Lol. I call them my "I just don't want to do this today," days. Ha. What kind of bedtime routine do you guys have? Just curious....

Mom said...

isn't that why you have DVR?? lol- I know exactly what you mean and it is ok to put yourself first once in a while, but it still sucks when you have to "pay" for it!