Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Griffin's homework

Griffin is learning his letters which will lead to reading. He is getting it and it is so cool to watch. I never really gave this process much thought before now because many of the moms I hang with are really relaxed about it all and I remember my own learning process and it was pretty relaxed. So here we are and I am in awe of watching him soak it up. He is incredibly awesome at the letter H. He also gets G pretty well along with the letter J. I keep trying to figure out why those letters are easier for him than say B, D, and of course the vowels (those make sense since they don't make sense). I will have to ask my friend Jessica who is a speech pathologist. The science behind all of this is fascinating to me.

Tonight he had to do a review worksheet and did great at it. At least the stuff is sticking!

The only part that worries me is he just gets so nervous with the one on one learning. If I work with him he gets flustered and then suddenly cannot do it or won't, I am not sure which. If you work along side him on something he works too and does it perfectly (well for him perfectly). what is that about? Lee noticed this at his school too...if a teacher is working with 4 of them he does fine but less fine when the teacher is working one on one with him. I am hoping this means he will be an incredibly wonderful team player :)

No comments: