Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back from the dead

sort of ;) I am no longer in extreme, all the time pain and I am also no longer on pain meds and I have been back to work all week. So, I am all better, right? Eh, sort of. Ear pain ended in a very painful ear infection and then rupture thursday night. After an ER visit (which I dreaded) and a comatose day in bed I was doing a lot better. Too bad I still cannot hear. Tomorrow I shall call the ENT to schedule a follow up appointment. Ugh. I am just hoping for spring at this point so we can get outside, colds can be behind us, and my hearing should be restored!

Nothing much else going on. Office is having another great month and I am trying hard not to feel like the other shoes is going to drop. It is weird to have both a good january and a good february but I will take it!

Lee continues job hunting. Lots of uncertainty there but we are moving ahead with our plan B so we are no longer as panicked about any of it. WE are in charge!!

Ok off to make some sort of egg/toast concoction. maybe egg in a hole or poached eggs on toast or french toast?

2 comments:

Mom said...

why are you waiting to call for an appt? it may take some days to get in. sorry- just being a nurse/mom

Allison said...

because I don't want an appointment right away. I want a follow up to make sure it has healed. From everything I read they will do nothing other than look at it until 2-4 months post rupture...then there are more options. so, I wanted to wait until a week out to see how I was feeling to relay to them a better sense of my current progress.