first of all, Lee's read Anansi boys. Not sure of those other books but I know he enjoyed that one. Maybe now I'm not even getting the name right but you know what I'm talking about, right?
So, the blessingway. I am going to give some preliminary thoughts on it while they are fresh but I"m sure the topic will be revisited. It was a lovely gathering this afternoon. A bit longer than I wanted but knowing Ahmie I think she enjoyed every minute of the excitement and people. I too love people being around me so I can relate to that for sure. I really enjoyed hearing how everyone knew Ahmie and then what they brought for her "on loan" until the birth of her baby. That was just cool! I wished there had been more talk about birth but that is probably because I am obsessed with birth. I just love hearing about it!
I'm realizing some reading this might not know anything about a blessingway so let me rewind a bit. A BW is an alternative shower in a sense, celebrating the pregnant woman, her unborn child, and her impending birth. They are very individual from my understanding and some are more spiritually founded while others from what I've been told are based around just positive womenfolk in the momma's life. I think today's was a combo of those descriptions but really tastefully done. I think my only criticism was the length of the structured part but maybe that is my inability to sit still since I"ve graduated from school coming through :)
So, those are my initial thoughts. I may be interested in something like this. It definitely made me think about some of the wonderful women in my life. A few years ago this would have been really hard for me as I felt most of the women in my life were geographically far from me. Now I really do have a great local network as well. I guess that is a good thing and shows I'm deepening my "roots". I got teary-eyed twice during today's experience and they both had to do with watching Ahmie interact with a dear friend and me realizing I too have someone that I feel that way about...warmed my heart :)
We took Griffin to "meet the trucks" today at Lakewood park. He definitely liked the trucks but the lines were long, he's 2, and he just didn't understand having to wait. So, we migrated to the playground where he thoroughly wore out both his parents. Ha. Lee was about ready to pass out from the heat and I just couldn't move around fast enough to find Griffin. G had a great time as usual. He is such a happy kid. Mike Brett, godfather extraordinare, came over tonight and G was hysterical with him, timid and playful. I kept saying, "Griffin say hi Mike" and he would say something, the same something but it didn't sound like "hi mike". I told Griffin "that isn't hi mike" and he looked at me with certainty and shook his head no. Ok kiddo. ha.
I'm not sure if it is the heat or the amount of walking today but I'm SWOLLEN tonight. I feel like it's too soon for that so I'm going to keep an eye out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That Blessingway sounds lovely. Wish I could have experienced that. I think wedding and baby showers should be "just women" I am not in favor of the "jack 'n jill showers for that very reason...need to have your women friends and folk surrounding you and you just don't get the same feeling when the guys are there. Sorry guys! We still need you for other things! hahahahaha
Post a Comment