Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 04, 2007

Griffin and I spent our last monday "off" together and it was just great! I am getting so emotional about this transition even though I know it is time and he will do wonderfully. I can't help but know I'll miss him. I figure I can always keep him home if it gets too bad for a day here and there. So, I saw a few patients this a.m. Griffin "helped" by running around the table in a therapeutic circle-ha. Really though he's such a charmer that both patients were all a smile when they left. Thank goodness, right? Then we headed to Bay to meet Nat and Mary at the park. I had felt overly motivated this a.m. and packed a lunch for everyone. Griffin LOVED this park. It is all enclosed and all wooden structures...I must admit It Rocked! He played by himself in the sand pit for well over an hour....got thoroughly filthy but just had a blast. Then the older kids invaded so we escaped back to Mary's house for lunch. Griffin was getting pretty tired but hung in there so the adults could eat. We both napped after returning home. I'm finding I can't nap for nearly as long as before so I guess my fatigue is waning. That's great if so.

So, we've been playing and watching Micky Mouse Club since waking. We got him color magic markers and he thought they were pretty neat but wanted me to color. He is so funny like that...wants me to read, me to color, me to eat....and he just sits there :)

Well, just wanted to reflect on my great day with squirt.

No comments: