Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Smells...

So many of my posts are so boring and not that this one will exactly be more interesting, it's what is on my mind. I am sitting here at the computer as the scent of pizza fills our house. Lee cooked a frozen pizza for dinner. It got me to thinking about smells. They have always been so profound for me since I have a very very strong sense of smell. Sometimes this is a great thing to have, other times, not so much :) Recently I can say not so much as our house has a lot of POOP smell with 2 little ones and a dog that has awful gas. ha. But in my memories smells are so much a part of them. There is the smell of freshly cut grass which to me is one of the best best best smells around. Lee will disagree as even the thought gets him sneezing. For me, though, freshly cut grass has me back to my childhood when we would go on after dinner walks as a family. Sometimes people's sprinklers would be on and in my memory my sister and I would "sneak" into them joyously. I am sure my parents didn't really care that we got wet but in my mind it was sort of taboo to get all wet just because so it was even more fun. ha. How about the smell of rain on a hot summer day...sort of musty, moist, earthy smelling...love it. Then some smells from my childhood I don't like: lentil soup cooking (ew gross--still don't like it too as my father was cooking it one time recently when I was visiting), freshly tarred streets (makes me have an instant headache and still does), my sister's farts (rotten eggs), anheiser busch brewery (even worse rotten eggs smell--it's the kind of smell that you hate but can't help take in---awful).

anyhow, that's my crazy thought of the evening. The pizza is still in my nose, now I must get it in my belly. It's not what I want to eat though...I really want that pesto Mary cooked me a few weeks ago....must get to Costco to buy it soon!!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Your posts are not boring at all! Being so far away, I feel a little bit closer knowing some of the small details of your daily life. When you were two years old, I used to get a kick out of just watching you run around in a circle a dozen times. I thought you were wonderful, and I still do!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I just noticed my comment used my Blogger name.
- Meredith

The Stewart's said...

well I wasn't hungry for pizza until I read your post. how's that for the power of suggestion. :o)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Love this post and love al lyour posts. Can't wait to see if Meg responds!
My fav smell is the smell of onions and garlic saute-ing ...(can't spell that word) OR cookies baking. yum-ME HUNGRY FOR COOKIES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks sis...you all will be happy to know that my digestive tract and pooper have gotten a lot better since I lived with Alli. I will, however, be sure to show any potential future mates this post as fair warning