Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Good Day

Today was long and busy but really a great day. Both kids woke fairly early but in good moods. I tidied the upstairs, gathered laundry, etc. while Lee kept them entertained. Then he began working on his windows for the auction. I continued to tidy the house a bit until about 11 a.m. Then I gathered them all up (a feat with that stubborn boy) and we headed outside. He didn't want to just run around and have fun with me like he does at Jennifer's...no, he wanted me to push him to the playground in his little stroller. I already had P in the sling so I figured, "hey, I"m superwoman, right? why not?" (note the sarcasm here please). We made it to the park, P fell asleep in the sling, G ran around having a time for nearly 2 hours. We made two attempts at potty but "nothing came out". Then we headed home...he was soooo tired and had a little meltdown but eventually went down for a nap.

I picked up the winter's collection of dog poo in our yard....it took two full bags and nearly 30 minutes to accomplish. I am hurting sooo much in my thighs from up down up down.

Then P and I headed to Heinen's for groceries. Came home, unloaded, cooked Linner, got G up, made him Linner, we all ate. Then we all showered (even G). I dropped a gift at a friend's house while Lee took G man to Chal's for apple pie (in celebration of his 84th birthday).

Anyhow, there is more to the day but it's getting quite late. I still have a few things to do....uggh!

2 comments:

Mom said...

WOW- super woman is right! I remember days liek that- feeling like I accomplished something just by having dishes doen,dinner planned and one outing! it makes a difference! love you!

The Stewart's said...

what good exercise you got picking the dog doo.