Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sleepy Mommy

I wish a few things. I wish I could sleep more. I wish I could sleep in in the morning. Mostly I just wish my kids would sleep "well" on the same nights. Currently and for the last 1-2 months they are taking turns with the occasional double whammy of piss poor sleep. I am just exhausted. I keep going though....

Last night was the Junior's Vintage Views. A fun night but I felt bad because out of the 24 windows we had 5 that we "knew"....and they were some of the lowest bids of the evening. It proves to me that it is so self-serving, that group. Oh well. Next year I plan to be just a member and see how I feel about the group. No need to give up quite yet. I just hope I can continue to say no when needed.

The office is doing well again. I have had 2 great weeks in a row which doesn't help in getting caught up. I really need to be spending entire weekends there to get caught up but with the two little ones that is far from possible. P and I did spend one saturday a.m. there which worked out well. Maybe I will do that again with her soon.

The kids have been a lot of fun during the day. We have been going on many walks as the weather has turned to spring!! P is almost turning over. I have seen her do it a few times and she tries to almost always. She HATES belly time which they say all babes do but I figure she'll get used to it once she can roll herself all over the place...why MAKE her like it, you know? She is doing great at her new sitter's and in the almost 2 months she has been there has only had one semi rough day.

G is also doing well. We continue to battle this mysterious ear problem, drainage, pain once in awhile (although tough to tell with an almost 3 y.o.). He is talking up a storm and becoming more intelligible to others. Right now Uncle Mark, Uncle John, and Aunt Kelly are in town so he is enjoying talking about them coming over, taking him for donuts, playing with his toys. Pretty funny....."My Mark, My JOhn, My Kelly....me come to play and me get donuts with my mark, my kelly, my john" We are pretty sure John is his fav but he loves them all :) I have been talking up my parents coming next weekend and they are also taking him for donuts apparently-lol! Can you tell his favorite treat?

well, I should go "talk" to P...she is talking to her daddy but he is snoring away next to her.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

When my kids were young, I just kept telling myself, "sleep is highly overrated."
Now that they sleep all night, it's me that can't seem to do it! Life's little irony.
What is a Vintage View, and what are windows, why are there 24 out of which 5 you "knew" and they were low bids?? Just wondering.
So, what is Griffin's favorite kind of donut? Mine is french cruller. Julia likes anything with frosting and preferably sprinkles, which she licks off, and sometimes doesn't even eat the whole donut part. Daniel likes Boston Creme at the moment.

Anonymous said...

I was fortunate to have kids who slept thru early on, but I do remember the interrupted nights- around that 3 yr old mark, especially with Meghan-we tried bringing her into our bed rather than comforting her back to sleep in her own bed, but that didn't work too well- just too restless for us.
Babies were fed cereal at a younger age back in "my day" so most oldies will say THAT is why our kids slept better. I think we didn't have kids in our rooms and didn't have intercoms, so we didn't hear our babes till they were in a full wail- they tended to fall back to sleep on their own. So now you know why you are psychologically messed up and your sister too!
The windows thing is an auction- people decorate and paint on old wooden framed windows- Lee does one every year..so I think maybe people bid high for windows of those they know?

The Stewart's said...

"I think we didn't have kids in our rooms and didn't have intercoms, so we didn't hear our babes till they were in a full wail- they tended to fall back to sleep on their own. So now you know why you are psychologically messed up and your sister too!"

Mom - that is too funny but probably true in one sense. Glad to hear you're visiting next weekend.

Allison said...

Griffin likes the sprinkles the best but he will take any kind I think. Chocolate is his newfound fav as well.

Allison said...

yeah, some people's kids sleep through the night, just not mine. haha. we will start food in the next month or two with P and I'm sure it will change nothing...just one of those things, eh?

and Mary, are you agreeing to the psychological damage or the sleeping through the night. lol.