Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Trip to Buffalo and beyond

Buffalo was great. The kids did fine on the car ride and slept well while there so I was happy. Griffin even ate well. Paisley ate even better....she had a slice of apple, piece of zucchini (big chunk), hunk of sausage, piece of corn on the cob, and part of a hamburger bun. She demolished it all without any teeth!!! haha. Kevin was amazed!!

I go back to work tomorrow. It's been crazy with this much time off. I need to get my head back in the game. Summer is flying by and I have some to-do lists to accomplish. I feel like we'll be planning P's 1st birthday before we know it. Sheesh...

Today is a hot one. We met Nat and Mary early at the playground and had a couple hours of fun there. P is now napping and Griffin is hopefully heading there soon. I have been doing this muffin cup trick for getting Griffin to eat and it is working really well. I continue to give him things I know he'll eat but he is actually eating them as opposed to refusing, demanding cookies or donuts, and then just being hell on wheels because he didn't eat. I am also glad he is becoming less dependent (or we are) on the kefir smoothies. I don't mind if he has 3/day but for awhile he was living on them 5-6/day because he wouldn't eat much else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a change of scenery is what G-man needs to stimulate his appetite. Maybe you could try feeding him on the floor--it worked wonders with DT...

Anonymous said...

haha Kelly -you are so funny.
Explain the muffin cup to me. You give him food in a muffin cup? or the size of a muffin cup?
Cracked up about that John story- I can see it now.
Also- very impressed with Grif and Paisley's appetites.I wonder if it is due to fact Grif watched Emmiline eat so well. MAybe yo ushould invite kids to your supper table every night and he can eat better? LOL