Seriously, the kid is just being defiant. I think it probably is more just extreme curiosity and exploration in his mind but he is destructive, stubborn, and defiant when we reprimand him. Today we all took naps, well, except we 3 fell asleep while Griffin quietly escaped from his room, tore apart the bathroom, dumped hydrogen peroxide all over, including all over my hair dryer, dumped the q-tips and bandaids across his room. Then he went into Paisley's room and anything he could tear apart he did. Then he dragged a toy from his room to P's room and used it to scale the t.v. stand in order to pull down a toy that is Lee's (thankfully the new in package was not harmed). He also took all of his clothes off the hangers, out of the drawers, and off the shelves. I'm not certain of the above order of his destruction but seriously?? Insanity. He should have been exhausted too which is just part of the problem. He didn't nap the last four days at home! It's not looking good for my sanity. haha. This is going to be a long next 6 months I believe in that department. So, here it is almost 9 p.m. and he is still awake in his room and I can hear him messing around again. What's a mom to do....grrrrr.
On a pleasant note we took a family trip to Huntington beach today. It was sooooo gorgeous. I didn't want to leave to tell you the truth. I could have stayed there all day and let G man play. it was just really really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
oh my - what a day. he is definitely getting to that cocky stage like Nat. Sorry hon - it's a struggle I hear ya. Hope he is sleeping now.
You did the same sort of things- I had to lock you in your room (I think you were younger). He may climb out the window...maybe actually figure out how to remove the a/c unit and go that way.
could lock the bathroom door with a high hook and loop lock. I also remember yelling at you a lot at this stage and feeling horrible about it.
Post a Comment