Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A really great day

We all had a pretty great day today. It was typical in that Griffin still acted very much like a 3 y.o. and Paisley acted very much like an 8 month old and they both generally drove me insane. It was not typical in that I handled it much better than I have been handling it. I'm not sure why other than I wanted to enjoy the day, we were outside for most of it and well, it just was a good day :)

First I got my haircut while the kids stayed with their little sitter. She loves them, they love her...harmony.

Then we dropped sitter back at home and went to the Nature Center to meet a friend and her little boy. We walked the trails and ran around the nature center. Griffin was quite enamored with the little boy and wanted to show him everything. It was adorable.

Then home for a nap. While Griffin napped Paisley ate watermelon and I made stuffed cabbage. This was an experiment for me and although it all smelled wonderful going together I feel weird trying it to eat. I will for lunch tomorrow but man, I'm chicken. I know, I'm a weirdo.

After nap, dinner and then we heard from lee that he would be home late. Auntie Tamara was playing sand volleyball tonight so we decided to go watch her play. It was a lot of fun. Griffin ran up and down the hill, playing with me, paisley, himself this game of throwing and/or kicking the ball and running after it. It was pretty hysterical and I think he loved it. Then we sat by the lake while Griffin threw rocks and sticks into the tide. Paisley loved the canadian geese (maybe ducks? but I think they were geese). After the games we got a bit of food, played more on the playground, and then home. Bath for both, met up with Lee, and finally bedtime. It's 11:15 and they both just recently went down. I'm soon to follow.

A good day.

A couple side notes. Kids have been exposed to chicken pox. I have had chicken pox twice before. I have mysterious itchy spots appearing on my body. Kids have none. what is going on???

Griffin went down for his nap pretty easily or so it seemed from the lack of sound. I went to make sure and found no sign of him in his room. I thought, "oh crap. he's in the baby's crib messing around." nope, not there either. "oh crap, he's in the bathroom." nope, no Griffin. not in my room either. Then I thought I must have just missed him in one of the rooms. Nope, nowhere. slight panic was setting in, but only slight. How do you lose your own kid in your house? Big box in the hallway. I check it thinking he's sleeping inside. No Griffin. More panic is setting in....WTF? He's under his bed, fast asleep. Goofy, scary child.

Off to bed. I'm quite tired after our day. A good tired though. I bet I used the word good a LOT in this post. oh well. good good good. goody goody goody. 1 week 1 day until goody moves here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That DOES sound like a great day! I'm jealous. ;-)

I felt your panic about Griffin, though. Then I just went back to wishing I had a kid that just went to bed on his own. LOL!

The Stewart's said...

what an action packed day. glad it turned out so well. oh man I hate those scares - glad you found him. sounds like something my sister did when she was his age