Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Busy World

Life is just spinning past us in the Norris house. Between work, play dates, the kids in general, Lee's school meetings, and any other amount of sanity helping activity (ie. dates, bar hopping, etc)....we are all pretty exhausted. Luckily spring is just around the corner (well officially here by date but not by temp.) and we will be busy but OUTSIDE! yay!

I of course thought of a million things to blog about this week when I didn't have a chance or was banned from internet (self-inflicted) at work....and now, nothing comes to mind. The kids are doing great. I am surviving. Lee is surviving. I think we are both feeling a bit fried at both ends but it's been worse before and we are generally all in happy places :) So, we'll get through even if we would love more sleep.

I attended our CSA meeting last weekend and decided I'm going to just buy our veggies instead of plant a garden this year. I will still do my tomatoes right outside the back door and would love to also do a lettuce pot so need to get researching that. If I am really feeling ambitious I would like to attempt a lattice structure and plant either zuchini or cukes. I have had success with zucchini in the past so I'm tempted to do those again but cukes are oh so good with tomatoes especially :) So, no more community garden...it's nice in theory but this year as lee said, "it's a bit much." So, maybe next year!

off to work for a few hours...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When were you guys bar hopping?

Allison said...

wouldn't you Anonymous like to know....

The Cribkeeper said...

We were just talking about doing a garden this year, too. We're going to try zucchini, tomato, yellow squash, and pumpkin. Have you had any luck with anything else? I'd love an avocado tree, but I read they take, like, 6 years to produce avocados!

Allison said...

we have done peppers with some success. herbs also. beans are supposed to be pretty easy as well if you stake them and they grow up.

Anonymous said...

the squashes and pumpkins are easy and fun- need room for the vines. cucumbers need to be watered or they will grow in weird shapes if I remember from my Maine days of having a garden. Pole beans are rewarding too- can make a "Tee-Pee" frame for the kids to play in and grow the beans at the base of each leg.