Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 27, 2009

T freaking GIF

haha. today I will begin taking care of the spain/bank account issue!! yipee!! I hope it goes through smoothly.

I had an awesome birthday...nothing out of the ordinary really but just a really great day and I got to talk to MANY of my friends which rocked! Had a wonderful dinner with family followed by a great tasting cake from Kelly (you rock!). A great day all around. The sun was even shining so we got out for a walk....

speaking of the walk Griffin did pull a Forrest Gump on me on our walk. He just started running and he didn't stop. When he was getting quite far from me I got a bit nervous and began yelling, "STOP! turn around." He would stop, turn around, look at me, then keep going. What a fool! He made it to the end of Ramona with me screaming like a fool at him...THEN he crossed Ramona, AT CLIFTON. It was soooooo scary. I ran with Paisley in arms to him and we had many words about how this was not ok but sheesh that boy is fiercely independent..he's gonna get himself hit. What do I do? Gotta keep really working on that one.

Paisley is either on a growth spurt or just really enjoying her food lately. Yesterday she ate breakfast, two morning snacks, followed by her lunch, followed by most of Griffin's lunch he wasn't interested in, napped, snack, THREE plates of dinner, and a slice of cake. Plus she nursed 4 times. Holy Cow!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i told you to get a harness for that boy along time ago!!! Sounds like a little girl I used to know!
Let's hope the drivers in Lakewood will watch out for little guys.
I know you don't approve, but that is a situation where a spank on behind will go a long way.

Go P!

Allison said...

oh he knew I was upset without a spank. he held my hand after that at HIS suggestion. but yes, something has to be different because it was scary

Ahmie said...

This is why Liam's had the monkey backpacks for so long (we actually have 3 so that there is always one close at hand when needed, one lives in the minivan and one on each floor of the house). Liam's growing out of needing them lately I think (tho I don't test this theory TOO much). If you'd like to borrow one to see what Griff thinks of it before making any decisions either way, just let me know. I was at BRU the other day (checking to see if they're carrying gDiapers at the N Olmsted one, apparently they will be at all stores effective 4/20, some already are, and I was in the area and realized I needed refills) and they had backpack harnesses that looked just like little backpacks, the leash part is detachable (as it is on the monkey ones) so it still has "life" after he doesn't need to be tethered anymore.

FWIW, Liam and Del both love the monkey backpack harness/leash. It's another stuffed animal to them. I use it as a backup to holding hands tho - view it as "training wheels" - especially because I'm just not fast enough to chase after them if they let go in a dangerous area.

The Stewart's said...

OMG - can't believe that boy. My heart would have been a pumping. ((HUGS)) I hope he has started to learn a lesson on how dangerous that is.

And go P - you're an inspiration.