I had my 2nd session with Ruth yesterday. It was once again great although I am finding so many things come to the surface and then BAM are right there in life waiting for me, to challenge me, to see how I will respond after these sessions. I guess that is good?? i am undecided really. I want to perservere and figure more out but must remain patient....especially since my busy schedule won't allow for a 3rd meeting until mid august :(
The kids have been doing great. They are eating a bit better. Griffin has chosen not to eat at times but I think that he understands that is his choice. I still think it is better than him "winning". He is eating much more just what is put in front of him. I remember in our house there were very few things put in front of us for meals that we hated. My parents didn't play like that. But we had to try it and attempt to eat most of our food. There were no punishments I recall but it was encouraging and like I said we generally liked what they fed us. I hope I can get that into my kids as well. I want food to be fun. I want Griffin to open his taste buds a little...I think at the moment he is trapped in some bad habits but they are quickly unraveling.
Paisley asked to nurse last night. Tugged at my heart strings slightly I must admit but I am done. I feel sadness for that part of my life potentially being over. I am trying to be ok with us having only 2 children. It isn't that I feel slighted with the two we have, they are great, I just still long for a bigger family...but in a different time and place. I know I cannot handle more nor can our current house or lifestyle..so we will wait and see but encouraging my brain to become more comfy with "just 2". My grandmother will be pleased.
off to work a little...have a 1/2 day of freedom today to get some extra work done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
well, speaking from experience, two kids are great! We can just put pressure on Meghan to have some! Your comments about Paisley and nursing brought a tear to my eye. BUT be happy and proud of what you gave her with the 18+ months of nursing. She will be fine. You will be fine. Be ok with where you are right now and the future will be there...later!
Post a Comment