So, we are on day 4 of eating only whole foods, homemade mostly, and non "kid" food. Two nights ago was make your own pizzas which the kids helped with and then Griffin refused to eat, went to bed with no dinner. Ok, fine. Last night was quesadillas which they both loves and both ate with bananas and carrots on the side. Still a little "kid tilted" but I was ok with it. Tonight: homemade mini meatballs, fresh cut baked fries, and broccoli. Had to bribe/coax a bit but Griffin ate 1 entire mini meatball. This may sound ridiculous rejoicing over one but there were few tears shed and he ate it so I am calling it a minor success. He of course ate the entire rest of the meal and is now having his milk and peach for desert. Paisley mostly snacked on the ketchup. She did eat all the fries, one broccoli and part of one meatball. She is learning to exert her opinion....it is lovely. Can you hear my sarcasm? lol.
We plunge forward with the food resculpting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Don't feel like that one meatball isn't a victory, it totally is! If I tried to get Carly to even get NEAR the meatball...ugh. She runs like I've stuck a lit match in her face. Ha. Anyways, good luck with the food overhaul. Let me know how it goes and any advice on getting your picky eaters to eat, throw it my way. I need it!
"Paisley snacked on ketchup" - Fine! - break out your Jessica Seinfeld book and puree some veggies into the ketchup!! Hahahahahahaha....
she has that book! that is a good idea for dips
OMG so true. I should do that for that girl. she is such a classic kid in how much she likes dip. Griffin has always disliked dips....even butter. He will now eat butter on toast but he used to freak about that. oh, and syrup...freaked out on me about that before but now he knows the joys of maple syrup :)
way to go mom for perservering! love that tenacity! pretty soon they will start craving the good stuff.
you're an inspiration to me. someday we'll get back on the better food band wagon. i've been meaning to use both books - Jessica's and sneaky chef.
Post a Comment