Still going alright. Griffin is fighting me big time and then little girl follows suit of her own. Lee served them Peanut Butter Toast, green peppers, and fresh peaches for dinner wednesday evening. Totally kid geared BUT progress in that Griffin never used to eat peanut butter so his taste buds are continuing to open up. Yesterday was cereal for breakfast. Lunch was eggs with toast followed by a request of corn on the cob and a fresh peach. lol. The requests are at least no longer cookies, cake, donuts, etc. Snack was peanut butter on a brown rice cake. Dinner was mac n cheese, green beans, and green pepper strips. Then apple for desert. I know, I know..mac n cheese but it was a rushed evening. They ate it all and more so I am happy with that.
Breakfast was french toast which griffin wouldn't eat and just asked for milk.
What I am now struggling with is how to get him to eat, eat healthily without it being a pushed thing. I don't want to make food an "issue" especially with Paisley. So, I am hoping by working on this now while they are younger and also while it is summer and so many great foods around we can get into good patterns and stay there.
On an adult food update I made this homemade cucumber sauce and made gyros. OMG. sooo easy and soooo good. I highly recommend using the cuckes from the garden right now for this. Too bad my tomatoes haven't caught up...too much cold weather. I also made homemade coleslaw. Really tasty as well although it still amazes me how messed up my own taste buds are. I had fresh head of cabbage so used that and although it is good it isn't the same as using a bag of shredded cabbage from the store...makes me wonder what they do to that cabbage in the store. hmmmm...probably nothing good. kind of like the baby carrot drama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
what are we gonna do when Grandpa comes to town...the donut man...
Post a Comment