My husband is a very involved father so even though today marked their first day home together he has had many days like this before. Today was different because it was earmarked as such and because he made it different...he made a schedule with the kids, they followed through with it, and wow! they were all pretty happy when I arrived home. The dishwasher was running for the third time this week without me having loaded or unloaded it at all. Lee is taking this all pretty seriously...now I am not expecting any of it...but it really is appreciated and making my life so much easier to focus on work!
the schedule is adorable....play time with daddy, snack time, meal times, learning time, movie time, dad-venture time, etc. I can't wait to hear about their days. We also discussed how life can be a bit "simpler" during the weeks and we can do more on the weekends. I am seriously breathing a sigh of relief...what? enjoy the weekend? ha. I cannot wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm not surprised at all. Lee is a great dad and knows how to get the job done!from one great dad to another! (and you're a great mom!!!!)
That is so wonderful. How lucky your kids are to have such a great dad, and you for having such a helpful husband. When they are older, they'll look back and be grateful for this quality time with their caring father. And they'll be better adults for having his influence in their lives! So happy for you guys:)
well said, Ashley. Actions speak louder than words.
Post a Comment