We are trying hard to have healthier meals that we can all eat and also save or keep on our budget for food.
This week:
Rotisserie Chicken, rice, and veggies
Leftover chicken made into chicken noodle soup for lunches
Veggie stir fry with egg for protein
homemade pizza (again)
Homemade mac n cheese with two veggies
Pasta with bacon, broccoli, and parmesan with cauliflower on the side
It is HARD to find meals that meet all the requirements above. Any other suggestions? Griffin is not a meat eater although he did try the chicken tonight, announced he did not like it but then happily ate the rest of the food (progress? I hope so). Paisley will eat meat but not ground beef. Lee and probably neither of the kids will eat shrimp. Lee does not like eggs which actually eliminates many of my ideas: breakfast for dinner, quiche, frittatas, etc.
anyhow, I will not lose hope. This will work!!
Last week:
fish fry at home
homemade chicken nuggets and veggies, sweet potatoe fries
homemade pizza dinner with my parents
quesadillas with homemade guacamole
chimichilatas (kids did not care fro this but we loved it and they ate parts of it)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
do they enjoy the make your own taco idea? taco salad for you and lee and kids have their own stuff
more fish-try the breaded fish with parmesan cheese-oven friend on top rack- cut into smal pieces first,then roll in the milk,bread crumbs that have the cheese...can make your own bread crumbs from your stale homemade bread
any ideas from that book i gave you?
oh good call. I will look through it again.
love your menu plannig. I'm at a lose of menu planning with just the two of us. But I did stumble on chicken taquita's - she loved them. I think because the chicken is more tender and the crunch from the rolled tortilla. how about chicken enchilada's? We have a hard time with stuff that has red sauce unless it's ketchup.
Post a Comment