How is my son 5 years and 2 months old? I swear to you he just turned 5. woh. and in less than 2 weeks now he is off to kindergarten. To say I am sad or upset is not true but I am anxious, excited, nervous for him, and kind of a wreck about all the unknowns. I do not deal well with unknowns. For example, I had to get blood drawn when I was young for possible mono. I was so scared and drilled my mom on how it would feel and what it would be like. She pumped me up good and I was ready....until it was happening and I freaked out. The nurse was cool though and basically laid it out for me "if I did not cooperate they would hold me down and do it" GREAT. so, I did it and guess what? the unknown was far worse than the actual.....good thing because the unknown was pretty bad. haha.
anyhow, K.....lots of unknowns..like pretty much all of it. We know his school but nothing of his teacher or classroom. We know nothing of the procedure for drop off, lunch, pick up. I am feeling extrememly nervous about all of that and honestly wondering how we will figure out what we are supposed to do. I keep asking people and they really are not very helpful....called the board of Ed and they said our home school would contact us...they have not yet so I keep waiting. I have asked other parents and they all say "oh you will figure it out". It is just weird.
5 years 2 months...the days are churning away and he is getting soooo grown up :( He is so much fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh man that would have me so anxious. I am glad I know where Nat is going, know her teachers. Today she is going to be playing with one of classmates so it will help the transition. I'm sure you have called the school by now. They are open and should be able to answer your questions, but OTOH they might not want to do that since everyone's parents would be calling and asking. ugh!!!
Carly is starting Preschool at a big public school this Monday. Last year she went to a small private Preschool here in town. Her school contacted us via mail and we had to go to 2 orientation nights; one to fill out paperwork, one to meet teachers and tour classrooms. I had to contact the bus garage to figure out the bus schedule and when her pick up time was. I THINK we have everything ironed out now, but it took the better part of 2 weeks. Maybe you'll get something in the mail? Surely there is some kind of orientation for new K students. I agree, though. Unknowns are the WORST. Hope you hear from his school soon and get it all figured out:)
I looked at your school district calendar and I think the offices just opened this past Tuesday...so, perhaps next week will get some info. BTW-there was a supply list online for your school, and specific for Kindergarten...leave it to me to find that out!LOL
thanks Mom. I did find that and today got some info from a friend. I will go up there on monday to get more info...unless something comes in the mail today or tomorrow.
Post a Comment