Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Harvest time

It is the heart of the growing season here in NEOhio. I am drowning in tomatoes, squash, peppers, onions, garlic, herbs, and fruit. YUM! We made spicy tomato lentil soup and fresh salsa tonight! oh so good. I am thinking of what else to make. I adore cooking with all this great, fresh, local foods. I have potatoes, corn, swiss chard calling my name to make some sort of chowder! why do I want to eat so much freaking soup right now when it is soooo hot? weird.

can't wait to eat tomorrow...nom nom nom

5 comments:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

I am soooo envious of all your fresh fruit and veggies. I am missing the CSA this year. I'm hoping to be in one again next year.

The Cribkeeper said...

OMG....that spicy tomato lentil soup has my mouth watering. Recipe, please....and I love soup,any soup, all year long. It is my favorite food.

Mom said...

oh- make some soup and freeze for us!

Allison said...

ashley:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/spicy-tomato-and-lentil-soup/Detail.aspx

although I always add more lentils and don't use the ginger if I don't have it and I use powdered cumin since I always have that. basicaly that is the recipe and I improvise as needed. I have used canned tomatoes and ketchup for the paste before....lol. It is always good though.

mom said...

G-ma will like that!!!! make some for us