Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Splitsville

I currently know 5 couples that have gotten divorced, 2 thinking about it, and 4 others having troubles but working it out. It is so very depressing. This has definitely contributed to a weird and at times awful 2010 in my circle of people. I know the statistics but what they never warned with those statistics is that it might hit you all in one time span. Weird shit, man. I don't like it one bit. and that is the weirdest part, why should it even bother me all that much. I mean, some of these people are already MUCH happier being divorced. But, I am Allison, and I don't like change. Change makes me twitchy, it makes me evaluate my total being on this earth, it makes me think waaaay too hard. Nope. I don't like these divorces at all....BUT....I am trying my hardest to be happy for my friends that have moved to a better place and for those that are still working on that but know that is what they need/want. I am also thankful that is not where we are in our relationship. I guess that is the positive to all of this, we are very strong right now...for all his crazy and all my mucho crazy we are doing alright :)

1 comment:

The Bryan-Stewarts said...

I'm right there with ya, I am thinking alot may have something to do with the economy. Because it has hit us really hard the last few years. Before that - we only knew a few - maybe 2 or 3 tops that had gotten divorced. Now it's like in the double digits.