or maybe I just like to be heard.
A friend of mine asked me earlier this week if I thought my therapist did a good job of addressing my issues or helped with my issues. I told her I thought so as I was feeling better and so that was good. I also told her that we often did not talk about what I thought we would talk about but what we did end up talking about helped me clear the cobwebs so then I could address other things.
So fast forward to my visit with my therapist this week. I was talking to her and I told her the above conversation. I asked her if she had a technique. She said that she tries to just go with the flow of the person in front of her and also the needs. You like to talk and so I listen. Ha ha. great. I guess I am ok with that. I do pay her but really? haha. Did I need to know this?
Oh well, it is helping so I will keep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Oh and it is amazing how much less I need to talk in my life now that I am talking to her. haha.
I think therapy is not something that is done to you, but rather something that you do to yourself. The therapist only facilitates that. A good one will guide you, a great one will show you how to guide yourself!
Generally speaking, people could use lessons in LISTENING. I know you and I have discussed this before.So, you pay someone to listen and comment and guide you. That's ok! Glad you are happy with your therapist.
Post a Comment