Monday, November 15, 2010
have to let it go
I totally understand the frustration when your child is sick, even worse when the entire family gets some illness. But I don't understand making someone feel awful because your kid might have passed some illness to their kid. I mean, how do you prove that? ugh. I don't want to make kids ill. I do the best I can balancing illness, work, and expectations in the world. I just have to let it go, the anxiety from someone else. It makes me sooo sad though to feel sooo judged all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
uh...really? let it go-that is the most ridiculous thing. the bugs are out there- and kids are exposed to it all before anyone actually gets sick. That person is rude and judgemental.
It's their problem - not yours. You are a responsible, caring parent. Don't let them pass their toxicity to you!
thanks mom and auntie :) I know this logically but this person gets me everytime. I want to three stooges her I get so frustrated.
remember the words I posted on the refrigerator many years ago: do not let the words of one person change how you feel about yourself when you know you are doing the right thing and are secure in who you are. (something like that)
can you avoid that person? Cuz both Meredith and your mom said it best. It's their prob not yours
Ugh....I'm a total germaphobe, but even I know it's impossible to avoid germs and illness all the time. Just this weekend, we were with my parents, eating out, sharing food....and then 2 days later, Mom comes down with a cold. She didn't know she was coming down with something, and I'm sure she passed whatever she got onto at least one of us, but I'm not mad at her. That's stupid. Ignore this person. I don't know why other parents have to be so crummy and judgmental towards each other all the time:(
thanks. I need to avoid this person but she is in a group of people that I see often so that is difficult. I limit contact as frequently as possible.
and when bugs or medical things are not the topic I really like this person, that is the other problem. we are just on two totally different ends of the spectrum in regards to medical/health stuff. and I try hard to meet her 1/2 way but I feel like I can only compromise so much. probably ridiculous how much I try really.
well, sometimes it is best to not enter into a debate when beliefs are that opposite..Put it in the "never discuss at a party" bucket along with Politics, Religion and Sexual Habits! I had that happen to me once, at my book club, discussing 1984 by George Orwell- I mumbled something about how easy it would be for the government to control/eliminate groups of citizens by putting drugs into our immunizations due to the fact that we have been brain-washed into getting them without thinking about it. Whoa! I got attacked- YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN IMMUNIZATIONS?????? blah blah blah
yeah, it can be easy to be trapped into conversations with certain people. Lee and I have decided it is best to not talk to people. we are moving to costa rica and living in the jungle. lol.
Post a Comment