Been awhile again, life just has been beating us down in the time department. ha. We have been having fun too so don't feel too bad for us :)
Recap: colds, part 1 and 2; work; parenting classes; birthday parties; 5Ks; parties in general; football; dexter; travel to Louisville; pumpkin patching; harvest festivaling; baking; cooking; jumping in leaves; playing with friends; fall hikes; oh and a visit from Papa!
Did you know honey can be used for a cough? Griffin was left with a persistent night cough and two nights ago he was bothered by it straight for an hour. I got him up and tried to help him stop the cycle so he would not throw up (lord knows the path we go down if that starts with this kid). Water helped for like 30 seconds. Percussion on his back helped for another 30 seconds. I went looking for some cough syrup but did not have any. I debated a trip to the drug store but it was late and he was dozing through the coughing on the couch. So I thought about it. Hmmmm...honey? that might do. I googled and got mixed reviews but the claims all had the same theme, it can't hurt and might help. So we tried it and it helped a LOT. So tonight he happily took his tsp. of honey before bed and is not coughing at all.
Our 7th anniversary is next week. Crazy! We are planning a few small evenings out...just to spend some time together. It will be nice.
Kids were Skeleton and Princess Ballerina for halloween. Lee was Bob Ross the painter and I was his happy little cloud. I had fun! Great weekend of wearing costumes and being silly and hopped up on sugar.
We also ran our first 5K and the kids each ran a mile for charity. It was a great experience...my muscles still aren't letting me forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I am so happy to see a post from you! Busy family! Sounds like life is good for you. Getting the house ready for you all, going to get the Strawberry Shortcake and Pretty Pony stuff up from basement- hope I don't have to wash and iron those little clothes! ;)
Griffin will like what we got with Great Grandma Noreen's money.
going to plan some menues...or is it menus....Dan Quayle, help me out!
menus. I was going to send you some meal ideas.
yes, please do.
Post a Comment