Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Last Extravaganza

We went to the Harry Potter Celebration in Hudson, OH last night. It was pretty cool seeing all the people sooooo excited about something and dressed up to celebrate. It was a freaking disaster getting there due to traffic, fussy mommy, fussy child, and HUNGRY people. But all in all we are glad we went. Griffin does surprisingly well in crowds, but he does NOT want to be confined so it's difficult to track him always. He's a duck and tuck kind of kid through the crowds which is very difficult for Lee but I'm great at that so I just kept following him through them. Out in the crazy area I put Lee to work to chase him :)

One thing was very evident to us though after this experience. Around 9 p.m. we decided our family had had enough and I absolutely needed food. We left the group and went on our merry way. Lee got Griffin in the car while I grabbed a snack for everyone at McD's (healthy, right? :)) Anyhow, we get all in the car and proceed home. Griffin was so calm, eating his nuggets, just happy with us and quiet the entire way home. It made us realize that we SHOULD do things with him and not be afraid to do so but we probably need to just go as a family instead of with other families, too crazy. Anyhow, it was great to be out with him and he went to bed smoothly and slept through to this a.m. at 7:30 (sleeping in - ha!).

I'm finishing up work this a.m. and then we are going over to the Felders new house with the Likavecs for an impromptu cook out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Griffin is a very charming child and very sociable. He is JUST LIKE YOU..the party animal. I never could keep track of you at parties. Hope you had fun out in the "country", you city girl you.