The issue with anxiety and depression is you are usually deep in the throws of it by the time you realize that is what is going on. I'm having a high anxiety day. I am not usually a person with high anxiety/depression but I'm not ignorant to what happens to my mental state post partum either. Medical professional would label my condition most likely baby blues I think. I really have a hard time thinking it's more than that combined with normal feelings of being overwhelmed. There is a LOT going on and I'm trying to balance it all, some days better than others. Ugggh. Today was not one of the better ones.
Anyhow, Griffin is really trying our (my) patience. Lee is incredibly patient with him which amazes me. I need to learn from that. I find myself using one of my aunt's tricks these days and it works...I complain back to Griffin. I whine back at him. I fake cry back at him. He is obviously pressing my buttons so I just give it right back. That usually gets his attention and we can attempt to have a reasonable conversation. I'm beginning to wonder though if I will always somewhat dislike my child on the half year. When he was 18 months-20 months I was ready to ship him away, now again the same sort of thing. I am trying to give him and myself a break considering all the change that has occurred in his little world in the last few months but really I think it's unrelated and more just a fact of his age.
We'll get through it, won't we, just like everything else. At least Paisley greets us every morning with smiles and loads of patience...she is a doll at the moment! Griffin did try to make up with me after he whined by saying, "I love you mommy." Aw, how sweet :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
mmmm - half year irritation - let me see what was going on with you at his 18020 month mark - maybe pg?? now let me see you're what pp. *shrug* are the two related - don't know but interesting at least.
i wasn't pregnant yet but was very stressed from my employee at the time ;)
You're not the only one that wants to send your child off on the orphan train! As the mother of a 25 month old, it happens to me, oh, at least twice a day. Don't feel bad, you can't be patient all the time, but as mothers, we feel like we should be, don't we? During a particularly horrible car ride to the park yesterday, C was throwing a fit for some unknown reason, and I finally told her when we got to the park, I was going to get out of the car and run away. When we got there and got out of the car, she grabbed my hand and said, "No Mommy run!" Ha. Anyways, hang in there, and try to remember G's sweet moments during his not-so-sweet one's. That's one thing I do to get through the days.
I agree, always bring your focus back to the love, because in the long run that is what you will remember the most anyway!
I lived near you in SL that summer you were two years old...your mom and I were reminiscing about what a lovable little imp you were back then!
meredith - mmm was that said with a little sarcasm. ;oD
Post a Comment