Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

Another weekend.

Here I am on a monday morning and I feel like I'm recovering from my weekend. That just doesn't seem right. hmmmm.

Lee went golfing on saturday and although I know little about golf I do know that it should NOT have taken as long as it did. that ate up the entire day. I did get plenty done with the kiddos and cleaning around the house. But I missed Lee and had really wanted to do more around the house which just isn't possible with the kids in tow by myself.

Saturday evening we had dinner out, Sushi with lee's family in honor of his bro's birthday. It was very fun and very weird. Seems to be the trend these days with that. It wasn't bad, just weird and I continue to feel tension in places I don't want to feel it. (not you kelly ;))

Sunday was a lazy day but we got out and about and actually did a fair bit. I finished it up with a late dusk bike ride after Paisley was in bed (or so I thought). I returned to find both kids awake giving lee grief. grrrrr. Paisley did go back down fairly easily for me but that mr. Griffin. he didn't go to sleep until close to 11 and then was draggggin butt this a.m.

All in all a much better weekend than many more recently but I'm still sooo tired and cannot figure out how to make it all mesh with what we need to get done, what we want to get done, and relaxing.....day by day.

oh, and Paisley took 3+ hour naps both days....wth? awesome!!

6 comments:

Liger Woods said...

I feel the need to stick up for golf here... On an average weekend morning, it should take a foursome approx 4-5 hours to play 18 holes of golf (unless they are really, really good--which we are really, really not). Added with fact that this place was 1 hour away AND the fact that we needed to eat lunch we really weren't gone that long. At most, we were about 45 minutes-1 hour behind due to the fact that the food service there was SLOOOOW. Don't hate.

Liger Woods said...

By the way, check the media and see how long our beloved President took to finish a round... Comparatively, we weren't too shabby...

Mom said...

you'll have to wait 18 more yrs to get some quality rest..or go on parent-only get-a-ways and sleep the entire time! ALl-in-all, it seems as if you are in a good place with balancing time for hubby,family,you,kids,friends...in no particular order...because every day is different!

Allison said...

I will continue to hate on golf. 8 hours is ridiculous for one session of an extra-curricular.

Mom said...

I just never got it either. too much time out there- I am a home-body

Meredith said...

Par 3 courses might be a good compromise....