Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

business abounds

It has been a crazy month, next week is even crazier and the rest of the summer are looking just as busy. Lots of fun stuff planned but I don't do well with busy without being organized so I am kind of panicking...I need to NOT do that and probably also get off this computer and actually DO something but yeah, I'm not. ha.

Paisley has been sleeping AWFUL again. I don't know why. I have stopped wondering honestly and am just trying to survive through it. Of course I am also trying to go to bed earlier which is making getting anything done impossible because she or her brother are staying up way too late, it's a viscious cycle really. ugh. This morning was soooo bad because they were all so nice and sleepy in their beds and I had to WAKE them to get going. I hate that. no fun to wake sleeping children ever.

I just saw this kid walk past that I have seen grow up the last 5 years through the window at my office. Back 4 years ago we actually had a weird interaction when he fell off his bike and scraped his knee and elbow pretty badly. he lives just around the corner and his friend had gone to alert his mother he was hurt. I went out to be with him until she got there and then brought them inside for water, hydrogen peroxide, and band aids. At any rate, 4 years ago he was a little chubby but still young so I figured it was "baby fat". Well, he just walked by and it is sooo sad. He is seriously overweight. Ugh. I hate that. This is not a "he's just big boned". This is totally the pandemic that is striking our nation, especially with young kids. I constantly am aware of this for my own children. I imagine they will be fine scale wise but I want to teach them it is more than that...it's about being healthy, thinking about the healthy foods we put in our bodies, thinking about the unhealthy choices we make and making them less often. Anyhow, I do think we are in the right direction. Griffin loves picking the lettuce from our garden and eating it right there...my little rabbit :)

1 comment:

The Stewart's said...

so cool about the lettuce - Nat hasn't shown any interest in picking our lettuce, spinach or whatever else we have planted. Maybe by the end of summer?