Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Hiring a new secretary

So, some may know the history. Some may not. The short story: I hired a woman, she worked for me, I fired her, she got mad, it got ugly, I was really screwed in the head by the experience.

So, here I am and I have worked through some major feelings on the subject but I am still scared. I am not really scared of having a secretary. I'm not even afraid of having to fire someone again. I am not even really afraid any longer of that person freaking out on me. I'm afraid of not realizing of this could happen or that something worse could happen...I was sooo oblivious or rather ignored the obvious the first time around. I was in a pickle and so I jumped into something that really wasn't ideal. It wasn't awful either but deep down I always knew it wasn't the right choice...but at the time I really had little choice. Anyhow, this isn't to regret what has happened but to learn for the future. and that is what scares me. I didn't trust my gut....I am usually soooo good at that. So, why that time?

anyhow, I shall proceed cautiously...I have some people on the horizon already in consideration so that is something. and I will get to workin' so I can actualize this post.

2 comments:

The Stewart's said...

Good for you - hope it goes smoothly for ya

Mom said...

Keep it professional. Use that probation period wisely.