Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 07, 2009

I want

It's not nice to have a list like this but...

I want to be proud on my own of my accomplishments instead of hiding them from some and gloating about it to others in a weird search for approval. Just be me!

I want to be the person I need in my own life.

I want to be nicer, less catty, more genuine. How do I do that and still talk to people? ha.

I want to relax about money

I want to get things done!

I want to search for happiness and find it, under a rock?

I want to feel satisfied.

Making steps towards all of this. Why is this path so difficult at times? What am I missing to fill in the gaps? to make it seem worthwhile fully? I know we(I) will find that way but when?

5 comments:

The Cribkeeper said...

I always hear that you reach some enlightened place when you turn 50. Maybe I've been watching too much Oprah, maybe it's true. Seems crappy, though, that what I think of as the prime of our lives, is spent searching for that place. I'm with ya, though! You're not alone in your struggles....

Meredith said...

As someone who is turning 50 in a few short months, I can say that I have just received my membership kit to the Enlightened Place.... PSYCH!!! (Note to Self: do not lose your sense of humor even when you're past your prime).
Seriously, EVERY STAGE OF LIFE has its challenges and its rewards.
I am still going through phases, and expect to continue that - adulthood has periods of stasis (balance) and periods of crisis (change). Life always presents us with opportunities for growth. The fact that you strive to improve your self is wonderful! May I make one suggestion? Re-write your wish list, saying "I am" instead of "I want to be." Because all that you want to be really, really, really is already a part of you. (The Enlightened Ones told me to tell you.)

Enlightened Mom said...

well, if we were content at the age of 16, nothing would get done in the world! We are driven by our goals, wants, desires, whatever you want to call them, and there is nothing wrong with having those desires!
With that said, with each decade there is more ACCEPTANCE of who you are where you are. Of course, sometimes those old demons jump out and try to get ya going about all those past insecurities, because they are always a part of you, they just seem to mellow more with age and experience.
Try not to have too many regrest in life. Do the best you acan with the energy you have at the moment. God only gives you what you can handle.
Enough Cliches (sp)for you? LOL

EM said...

I can't spell and I can't type. sorry for the typos above.
regrets, not regrest
can, not acan
and I'm not sure about cliche. clee-sahy? I tired. I like parties.

Allison said...

I appreciate all the comments. I know deep down I am capable of all of this but really am not feeling the "I am" bit right now and I really feel like although positive speak is important to a successful attitude we are allowed to feel our short comings as well :) I so appreciate the input and support though...keep it coming cause I NEED it!