Briar Kelly

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

nearing the end....

of nursing I think. I don't know for sure and if tomorrow she wants to nurse like crazy I will most likely comply willingly but since sunday and through illness she has only nursed 2 times. I have offered and she has accepted four times but only twice was it with any gusto. Last night she latched weird, almost like she had forgotten how to latch so I took her off to relatch..well, then she just snuggled into me and fell asleep. I am happy for sure if this is the end but so sad too. It means she really is growing up and it means she will be a bit difficult to soothe in the next few months. :( I know it is for the best if this is how it goes down because I hear horror stories from some of my friends (well, horror stories in my book, maybe not theirs) about kids nursing around the clock until 3 or 4 !! I just don't think I am cut out for that kind of body personal space sacrifice. My goal was 18 months with her and we have made it 19 so that is cool..we shall see what happens in the next few days.


oh, and bad side effect #2 of post ill child....must catch up with talking and moving. Griffin cannot sit still or stop talking...of course he is saying things like "it is such a beautiful day mommy" and "I am feeling good today, no more sick. that is great" and "it is a good day because I am feeling good" I love that kid....but stop talking. haha. oh, and we will have to start working on good and well...don't want him to end up like his mommy being corrected by patients for using it incorrectly....that and lie/lay. lol. I think I have it now.

1 comment:

The Stewart's said...

Oh the non-stop talking I hear ya. At the end of the day I am just plum tuckered out from chatter, chatter, chatter - at least now she has her pretend phone calls so I am not at the receiving end.