how many days since P nursed. I cannot even remember the actual last time since I am trying to be casual about it. I am soooo happy but soooo sad. I think also not knowing if we will have another makes it harder this time. I need to do some journaling about my little babe this week...reconnect to those small moments and then let her move one :)
so, not quite 20 months of nursing this one!! of course she still asks on occasion so we shall see if this is truly over....I think I now prefer the sudden traumatic stopping Griffin chose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Sounds like a lively weekend! Your daddy got home early enough for us to join friends for a trek to a couple wineries near Augusta MO.nice day. now back to the grind!
wow - so she is really quiting? - You are quite a trooper - job well done.
Ooooh, I so feel you on this one. Maren is only 8 months, and already I'm dreading the day she no longer wants to nurse. She's probably our last one, too (B cut me off, says no more evil babies), which does make it that much worse. So Griffin suddenly cut off? So did Carly. How weird. How old was he when he didn't want to nurse anymore?
ashley, griffin was 14 months 8 days, not like I am counting. lol. he asked to nurse one morning, did quickly, climbed out of my lap, clapped his hands and would never nurse again. it traumatized me but looking back I think it was better than this :( I would nurse her forever (well not really but you know what I mean) if I felt she would self wean at an appropriate to me age but I can tell she would likely go on as long as I said ok..yikes for me. I long for my body back but then of course am conflicted about providing all to my baby. I just knew I wanted to do it in the peak of summer and not close to winter.
Hurray to all you gals who nurse. It is wonderful for any amount of time and bravo for sticking to it for so long!
Oh my gosh, that is so funny! Not funny that it traumatized you, but funny that he clapped his hands! Like he was giving you a round of applause for nursing him.
Post a Comment